Temporomandibular joint dysfunction causes a lot of jaw pain and difficulty chewing, it causes clicking and locking of the jaw joint, making everyday functioning very difficult.
We at Al Sawai understand the condition through proper examination and diagnosis and aim at treating the condition in the best possible way. Our department is well-equipped with the most advanced technological equipment as an assistance to our efficient team of doctors who strive to treat you in the best possible manner. We offer the following treatments for our patients with TMD,
- Medications, to relieve stress from the joint and muscles.
- A splint or night guard
- Dental work: Replacing the missing teeth with crowns, bridges, or braces to balance the biting surfaces of your teeth or to correct a bite problem.
- Trigger-point injections: Pain medication or anesthesia injected into tender facial muscles called trigger points.
- Radio wave therapy: Radio waves stimulate the joint increasing blood flow and easing pain.
- Low-level laser therapy: This lowers pain and inflammation, helping you move your neck more freely and open your mouth without hurting.
We are one of the best medical centres in Oman, known for the quality of treatment and for the services offered by our staff members. You can book an appointment or visit our hospital directly to begin treatment.