What is Pediatric Dentistry?
Pediatric Dentistry is a field of dentistry that deals with preventive and therapeutic oral health care for the kids. It involves unique health care requirements so that the children can remain disease free throughout their lives.
Pediatric Dentistry suggests various preventive measures through which you can reduce the expensive and extensive orthodontic treatments at later stages. It also addresses several bite problems or future tooth alignment.
Why you need Pediatric Dentistry?
Many parents think that dental care is not necessary for their kids. They believe that the milk teeth of their kids would eventually be replaced by permanent ones as they grow older. But, to be frank, it is a completely wrong notion. See a pediatric dentist, who can provide proper dental care and oral hygiene needs to your kids so that they can achieve several crucial aspects. You may need pediatric dentistry:
- Proper chewing of food so as to enhance the absorption of nutrients
- Avoid extraction of the tooth
- Avoid surgery caused by an unattended dental caries
- Ensure aligned growth of milk teeth
- Render timely and proper eruption of permanent teeth
- Orthodontic treatment:
- Assist bite correction
- Rectify bunny or crowded teeth
- Fixation of habit breaking appliances
- Arrest thumb sucking, tongue thrusting and breathing with mouth open
What are the treatments offered under Pediatric dentistry?
Many children may not have the ability to understand the need for dental care, which becomes a challenging task for most of the dentists. But ASMC has a specialist pediatric dentist with a sincere desire to render an enjoyable dental experience to every kid. They strive to provide rich pediatric dental expertise to all the kids.
Paediatric Dentistry at ASMC Hospitals aims at providing best of potential to offer personalized treatments including.
- Multi-disciplinary dental treatment for children and adolescents
- Pit and fissure sealants and fluoride varnish applications
- Restorative procedures (fillings)
- Root canal treatments for baby teeth and permanent teeth
- Braces for irregular teeth
- Dental procedures Sedation dentistry and general anaesthesia
- Dental laser
- Computer-assisted local anaesthesia shots
- Treatment for certain oral habits including thumb sucking and teeth grinding in your child
- Dental treatments for medically compromised and intellectually differently abled children/adolescents
- Protective dental sports guards
- Customized diet counselling for good oral dental health
Visit ASMC, because your search for best pediatric dentist ends here.
When to start consulting a pediatric dentist?
Consult the best pediatric dentist just before the arrival of milk teeth because prevention is always better than cure. Nevertheless, you should not delay seeing your pediatric dentist beyond six months from the appearance of your child’s first tooth. A pediatric dentist:
- Conducts oral examination and detection of signs for tooth decay
- Discuss preventive measures to maintain oral health
- Counsel and render treatment for some of the child’s habits. These habits may include thumb sucking, nail biting, lip biting, night
- grinding and tongue thrusting. He may prescribe gadgets and tools that can help your child get rid of these habits.
- Advice on general oral habits and suitable diets and the proper methodologies of brushing and flossing.
- Offers treatment for gum problems
- Evaluates the necessity of using fluoridated toothpaste
- Provides treatment of dental issues caused by injury
- Offers treatment of any other general dental related issues
Why ASMC@ Pediatric Dentistry?
ASMC is a Best Dental Hospital in ….. where the highly qualified and experienced pediatric dentists not only restore the dental health of kids but also infuses the necessary knowledge that is required for the maintenance of oral hygiene in the young minds. They create long-lasting dental health with rich expertise in providing treatment for various pediatric dental issues. The treatment provided here brings a smile not only among the parents but also on the children’s face.
ASMC, Best Dental Clinic in ….. incorporates good oral hygiene practices among kids right from their early days so that they can prevent dental complications with their growing age. If you are looking for the best pediatric dentist, consult ASMC dental specialists who can address all the dental issues of your kids. With cutting edge infrastructure and world-class equipment, the dentists here make your kids enjoy treatment procedure and ensure their dental health.
Why should I see a Pediatric dentist for my child?
Pediatric dentists specialize in treating children because the dental treatment for children differs from that of adults. Pediatric dentists help you to:
- Create treatment plans for your child
- Create a healthy eating plan followed by diet counselling
- Detect irregular tooth developments that have to be corrected using braces.
How often should I take my child to the dentist?
You are advised to take your child to a dentist every six months for a regular check-up to avert cavities and other dental problems. However, the frequency of your visits may vary depending on your child’s personal oral health.
What is the Best kind of toothbrush for my kid?
Prefer small head and soft toothbrush with nylon bristles. A colourful brush with lights or pictures of their favourite cartoon characters may tempt your kid to brush their teeth twice a day.
When should children start flossing?
Flossing has to be started around 4 years as it can remove the food particles and plaque that gets lodged between teeth. Most kids start flossing on their own. But be careful to check whether their flossing habits will build a solid foundation of good dental hygiene.
Can parents prevent tooth decay?
Parents can prevent tooth decay
- Regular brushing and flossing
- Monitoring their children’s dental habits
- Limiting sugary drinks and candies
Are dental X-Rays safe for children?
Dental X-rays requires a minor amount of radiation and pose very little or no health risks over time. Pediatric dentists take all such care when performing dental x-rays on children. They ensure the safety of their parents by using lead aprons and high-speed film.