What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is a form of dentistry that mainly considers the aesthetic aspect of the face by employing various dental techniques that can improve the appearance of your teeth. It has proven choice which can give you a beautiful smile. It is becoming more popular because millions of people across the globe are undergoing cosmetic dental procedures regularly.
Cosmetic dentistry differs from normal dentistry as it deals with the cosmetic appearance of your face. General dentistry places focus on restoring your teeth functionality that has been damaged by various diseases and conditions. While cosmetic dentistry deals with aesthetic appearance. In some instances, the domains of normal dentistry and cosmetic dentistry may overlap.
What can Cosmetic Dentistry do for you?
Cosmetic Dentistry can help you to:
- Fix chipped, cracked or broken teeth
- Whiten highly discoloured teeth
- Reduce the signs of ageing through which you can feel more youthful in appearance
- Feel more comfortable when interacting with the people around
- Regain your confidence with improved looks
- Enhance your overall visual aspect
- Remove any flaws in your personality
Are you lacking confidence when smiling? Schedule a consultation with ASMC specialists cosmetic dentist to regain your confidence while smiling.
Cosmetic Dentistry Options
Cosmetic dentistry completely differs from normal dentistry because here the primary emphasis is on beauty. It solely deals with external appearance. However, there can also be a major improvement in teeth functionality following the cosmetic procedures, but this is not the target of cosmetic dentistry.
Here are a variety of cosmetic dentistry procedures including:
Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is a procedure performed to brighten your discoloured or stained teeth. Teeth whitening or bleaching can be performed within the dentist’s office or at home. Over-the-counter teeth-whitening products that can brighten your teeth are also available.
Bonding: Bonding is done by bonding tooth-coloured materials to the tooth surface. It can improve the appearance of chipped, broken, cracked or stained teeth. Bonding can also fill the spaces in between the teeth.
Veneers: Veneers are thin, custom-made porcelain shells that can disguise discolouration or imperfections. This veneers can cover the front of the teeth.
Tooth reshaping: Tooth reshaping procedure deals with improving the teeth appearance by modifying or removing enamel. It can be combined with bonding to yield better outcomes.
Smile makeovers: Smile makeovers can improve your appearance as it involves a comprehensive assessment of your overall teeth and smile. Cosmetic dentistry procedures are done to overhaul the look of a patient’s smile.
Signs You Need Cosmetic Dentistry Traditional Cosmetic Dentistry was only for whitening teeth and smoothing minor smile imperfections. But the modern cosmetic dentistry has enabled dentists with additional cosmetic dental procedures which can dramatically change and improve the lives of their patients. You need a cosmetic dental procedure if you
- Are physically unable to chew food as well as you should
- Are unhappy with your smile
- Have dental issues like jaw pain, pressure and discomfort
- Have constant headaches as your oral and nasal cavity are interconnected
- Are suffering from chronic acid reflux and heartburn
Why choose ASMC for Cosmetic Dentistry?
ASMC is the best Dental clinic that provides wide varieties of Cosmetic Dental treatments which can enhance the presence of teeth and smile. It has advanced facilities supported by state-of-the-art equipment in a pleasant, soothing environment. Here the primary focus is at providing top quality cosmetic dentistry treatments along with Orthodontics, Periodontics and Implantology. If you are looking for the best possible results without altering the original teeth then Cosmetic Dental treatment will be the best option over all other procedures. ASMC is a top Dental Hospital that offers world-class Cosmetic treatment and considers varied options based on the individual case. Book your appointment to transform your less attractive mouth to a beamy and glowing smile.
Facilities available at ASMC, Best Dental Hospital for Cosmetic Dentistry
Alsawai Medical Center LLP delivers high-quality Dental services. They follow an integrated, multidisciplinary comprehensive approach to dental problems.
- GCR Ratings
- Highly qualified Dental surgeons/Implantologists
- Supportive hospital support staff
- International accredited facilities using the latest technology
- Authorized recognitions and certifications
- Ease Of Access And Safety
- Dental Hospital should have in-house CAD-CAM supported LAB
- Adhere to OSHA standards
- Accommodated with an in-house pharmacy
- Ample reception area with skilled staff available 24/7 to assist and welcome you.
- Well built and furnished hygiene cafeteria so that you don’t skip meals
- Well facilitated Dress-up rooms
- Massage chairs so that you can get freshen up after your treatment
- Air purifiers accommodated in every room so that you can have fresh air
What are other cosmetic dental procedures offered at ASMC?
The following are other cosmetic dental procedures available:
- Porcelain Crowns
- Teeth reshaping
- Gum lift
- Gum Grafts
- Gum depigmentation
- Bite reclamation
Is teeth whitening permanent?
Teeth whitening procedure lasts for about two years. Avoid drinking sodas and coffee and eating foods that can stain the teeth.
Can children have cosmetic dentistry done?
Cosmetic dentistry can yield the best outcomes for fully matured teeth and jawbone. Children can go for cosmetic dentistry only after ensuring that no teeth or prosthetics will shift as the mouth continues to grow.
Will I get cavities, if I have veneers?
The incidence of tooth decay will be less or no with veneers as long as they receive proper care.
Is tooth whitening bad for my enamel?
Tooth whitening doesn’t cause any damage to the enamel or any other tooth structures.
Do toothpaste whiteners work?
Whitening toothpaste doesn’t actually change the colour of the teeth. However, they can clean the surface stains. You may see some results, but not exactly whitened teeth.
What are the side effects associated with teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening is a safe and effective procedure with no negative side effects. However, you may have some minor side effects including:
- Increased sensitivity to too hot or cold substances
- Light white spots on the surface of the teeth
- Nighttime whitening trays may sometimes result in the additional gum sensitivity or irritation